Saturday, January 24, 2009

I have been shamed into posting. I get weekly (they feel like daily) calls from Kathryn and Melissa reminding me that I haven't posted yet. Kathryn set up my blog and so she feels like she has the right to reprimand me but Melissa hadn't even posted herself until 2 days ago so she really didn't have a leg to stand on.

Now to clarify the pickle problem. Melissa came up with this hair brained idea on her own and then proceeded to drag me into it. She worked like a wild woman making Grandmother's Sweet Pickles. It is no easy task I assure you. Then she sat back and informed me that I was the one who was in charge of marketing. Maybe she dosen't remember that I majored in SPECIAL education and not marketing in college. Then not only did she proceed to blog (melisca.blogspot.com) about how I hadn't done my job she posted my telephone number all over the web, which I might add she posted incorrectly the correct number is, 801-232-1428. I would be happy to fill any and all orders that you send me. We are offering a FREE tasters bottle to anyone who calls the above number in the next 365 days. Again that number is 801-232-1428. The pint bottles are $6 and the quarts are $8 (US). You won't want to spend another Sunday dinner without them, let alone your next tuna sandwich. Melissa has assured me that we will be millionaires selling pickles and that she won't have to be a therapist anymore. So please order your pickles today by calling 801-232-1428 to start us on our road to wealth.

7 comments:

Me said...

WOW if finally worked you blogged!!! Better watch out!!!

Kathryn e. said...

Wow...first of all I cannot believe that you blogged...it only took 3 months! Second I am so grateful I live in Vegas and have nothing to do with your pickles! I wish you all the best...I hope you do get rich off of them, then maybe Emily will finally be happy because she won't have to pay for her fesh all by herself!

Anonymous said...

Anne,

Happy days, your post on my blog let me here and yes, I will be ordering pickles. Here's some inspiration for you: A friend of Bernie's has made a lot of money on pickles. We thought he might be crazy leaving the T.V. business and trying pickles, but it's a huge operation now. Check it out, his pickles are called Ricks Picks and here is the website: www.rickspicksnyc.com

p.s. Your kids are VERY cute. I hope Victoria can meet Eleanor one of these days.

Anonymous said...

Do you mail-order these pickles or will I have to wait for my next Utah trip?

emily said...

Thats not even right, I posted last month, you posted at the end of last summer! love you

megan said...

Anne, wow! I found you through KathKarol... It's been a while and I would love to buy some pickles!! My mother in law used to make them and my husband loves them, but I am afraid I am never up to the task. Glad to know there's a source for some homemade sweet pickles. I'll be calling.
Megan (Tate)Spence

barb said...

Boy, you are in a pickle! I can see that the orders are piling up. How about "a sweet dill," for a name?